Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 3421 and Inspiron 3421
The Dell Inspiron 3421 and Inspiron 3421 portables with the components described below have been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- Hibernate may fail on this system
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 997 @ 1.60GHz
- Dell A01
- Dell X11
- Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Unknown ST320LM001 HN-M320MBB