Ubuntu on HP ENVY Pavilion dv6
The HP ENVY Pavilion dv6 laptop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Slow resume from suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- Updates Required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Corporation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz
- Insyde F.22
- nVidia Corporation GF108M [GeForce GT 630M]
- Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- None TOSHIBA MK5076GSX
- Unknown TOSHIBA MK5076GSX
- Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]