Ubuntu on HP Pavilion g7
The HP Pavilion g7 laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary AMD video driver is required for full functionality.
- Brightness Keys
- Brightness keys work, but may exhibit erratic behaviour. The Brightness and Lock tool in System Settings works as expected for setting screen brightness.
- Hibernate does not work on this system.
- Slow resume from suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- Brightness keys
- Brightness keys do not work on this system
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD processor AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Trinity [Radeon HD 7520G]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Advanced Silicon S.A. ST9500423AS
- None ST9500423AS