Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge R820
The Dell PowerEdge R820 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 14.04 LTS, running the 3.13.0-23.45 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
- Dell: 1.7.1 (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-29.46 kernel.
- OS Version
- This system requires a minimum of Ubuntu Server 12.04.1 to function properly. If you are having problems, please ensure that you are running 12.04.1 or later.
- Intel Ivy Bridge E5-4600 v2 Support
- Dell PowerEdge R820 servers equipped with the new Intel E5-4500v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require at a minumum the Ubuntu Server 12.04.4 LTS release with the Saucy Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.11 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
- Dell: 1.1.5 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-4620 0 @ 2.20GHz
- Matrox Graphics, Inc. G200eR2
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5720 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- Dell PERC H710
- Unknown Patriot Memory
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2208 [Thunderbolt] PERC H710 Adapter
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2208 [Thunderbolt]