Ubuntu on Dell Latitude 6430u
The Dell Latitude 6430u laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Hibernate may not work on this system.
- Legacy Mode
- This system may need to be set to Legacy boot mode in BIOS to boot.
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Bluetooth audio
- Bluetooth playback works, but audio-recording does not , please switch from "Telephone Duplex (HSP/HFP)" to "High Fidelity Playback (A2DP)" mode
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Brightness Key
- The brightness key may not work as expected. This appears to be a BIOS issue and may be resolved by updating to a newer BIOS version on this system.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz
- Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
- Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
- Advanced Silicon S.A. LITEONIT LMT-64M3M
- None LITEONIT LMT-64M3M
- Intel 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]