Ubuntu on Lenovo B490
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The Lenovo B490 notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
Available from ubuntu.com
- Slow Resume from Suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- Lenovo: H9ET07X0 (0.07 ) (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
Pre-installed by manufacturer
- Media cards
- Media cards removal is not detected. Please, remove the card by selecting the safe removal menu
- USB 3.0.
- USB 3.0 devices are seen only as a USB 2.0 before suspend
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Lenovo: H9ET07X0 (0.07 ) (UEFI)
This system was tested with these key components: