Ubuntu on Lenovo B490
The Lenovo B490 notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 64-bit
- Active Hard Drive Protection
- Accelerometer and associated Active Hard Drive Protection are not working properly on this system.
- Lenovo H5ET38WW (1.11 ) (Legacy)
- EFI v2.31 Phoenix Technologies Ltd. (UEFI)
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Media cards
- Media cards removal is not detected. Please, remove the card by selecting the safe removal menu
- USB 3.0.
- USB 3.0 devices are seen only as a USB 2.0 before suspend
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2330M CPU @ 2.20GHz
- Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Advanced Silicon S.A. ST320LT012-9WS14C