Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge T420
The Dell PowerEdge T420 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 14.04 LTS, running the 3.13.0-24.46 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
- Dell 0.2.7 (Legacy)
- Dell 1.0.1 (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-23.36 kernel.
- Intel Ivy Bridge Xeon E-24XX v2 Processor Support
- Dell PowerEdge T420 servers equipped with the new Intel E-24xx v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS release with the Raring Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.8 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2440 0 @ 2.40GHz
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2450 0 @ 2.10GHz
- Intel Not Specified
- Matrox Graphics, Inc. G200eR2
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5720 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- Patriot Memory IS916
- Dell PERC H310
- Patriot Memory Patriot Memory
- Unknown WDC WD2502ABYS-18B7A0
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon]