Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 3421
The Dell Inspiron 3421 portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
- Media Card Reader
- Please do not use "Safely remove" to remove your media card, it will cause your card reader stop working until you restart your computer.
- Function keys
- Video switch key does not work on this system, please use the "Displays" utility found in "System Settings" to control video modes.
- Hybrid Video
- Some versions of this system come with two different graphics processors: an Intel UMA on-board adapter and an additional GPU from either nVidia or ATI. On this system, only the Intel graphics chip has been tested and certified. The use of the additional GPU is not supported for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2375M CPU @ 1.50GHz
- Dell A02
- nVidia GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M / GT 620M/625M/630M/720M]
- Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Unknown ST320LT020-9YG142