Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge M620
The Dell PowerEdge M620 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 14.04 LTS, running the 3.13.0-19.40 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-23.36 kernel.
- Ivy Bridge E5-2600v2 Support
- Dell PowerEdge M620 servers equipped with the new Intel E5-2600v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS release with the Raring Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.8 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 0 @ 2.00GHz
- Dell 2.1.4
- Matrox Graphics, Inc. G200eR2
- Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit Ethernet Multi Function
- Generic Flash Disk
- Generic Mass Storage
- Avocent Mass Storage Function
- Dell PERC H310
- Dell PERC\x20H310
- iDRAC Virtual Floppy
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] PERC H310 Mini Blades
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon]