Ubuntu on Asus X55A
The Asus X55A notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- Hibernate is not supported on this system.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B960 @ 2.20GHz
- American Megatrends Inc. X55A.T13
- Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
- Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet
- None Hitachi HTS545050A7E380