Ubuntu on Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S430
The Lenovo ThinkPad Edge S430 notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary drivers is required for WiFi functionality. When prompted to install drivers, select the "Broadcom STA" driver.
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Acer Monitors
- This hardware may show signs of performance degradation when connected via HDMI or Display Port to Acer manufactured displays.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
- Lenovo GAET34WW (1.11 )
- nVidia GF108M [GeForce GT 620M]
- Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Unknown HITACHI HTS725050A7E630
- Unknown SanDisk SSD U100 16GB