Ubuntu on HP ProLiant BL420c Gen8
The HP ProLiant BL420c Gen8 server has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-23.36 kernel.
- System is certified with Dynamic Smart Array disabled
- To disable Dynamic Smart Array: * Press F9 to boot into RBSU * Navigate to System Options -> HP Dynamic Smart Array B320i and select disable * Go to System options -> SATA Controller options and select Legacy SATA or AHCI * Reboot the machine and now you will be able to install the OS.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2430 0 @ 2.20GHz
- Matrox Electronics Systems Ltd. MGA G200EH
- Intel Corporation I350 Gigabit Backplane Connection
- HP DH036BAAKL
- Kingston Technology DT101 G2