Ubuntu on HP ProLiant BL420c Gen8
If there is an issue with the information for this system, please let us know.
The HP ProLiant BL420c Gen8 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
Available from ubuntu.com
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-23.36 kernel.
- System is certified with Dynamic Smart Array disabled
To disable Dynamic Smart Array:
* Press F9 to boot into RBSU
* Navigate to System Options -> HP Dynamic Smart Array B320i and select disable
* Go to System options -> SATA Controller options and select Legacy SATA or AHCI
* Reboot the machine and now you will be able to install the OS.
- HP: I30 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components: