Ubuntu on HP Pavilion Slimline S5 and Pavilion P6
The HP Pavilion Slimline S5 and Pavilion P6 desktops have been awarded the status of Enabled for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz
- nVidia Corporation GF116 [GeForce GT 640 OEM]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
- Alcor Micro Corporation Flash Card Reader/Writer