Ubuntu on Dell Precision M6700
The Dell Precision M6700 laptop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Corporation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz
- Dell Inc. X38
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Heathrow XT [Radeon HD 7870M]
- Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller
- Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
- None Hitachi HTS723232A7A364
- Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]