Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge R720xd
The Dell PowerEdge R720xd server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 14.04 LTS, running the 3.13.0-24.46 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
- Dell: 2.1.2 (Legacy)
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-23.36 kernel.
- Ivy Bridge E5-2600v2 Support
- Dell PowerEdge R720xd servers equipped with the new Intel E5-2600v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS release with the Raring Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.8 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
- Dell: 1.1.2 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 0 @ 2.50GHz
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2640 v2 @ 2.00GHz
- Matrox Graphics, Inc. G200eR2
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5720 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- Intel 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+ Network Connection
- Intel I350 Gigabit Network Connection
- Toshiba MBF2300RC
- Avocent Mass Storage Function
- Dell PERC H710
- Unknown Patriot Memory
- iDRAC Virtual Floppy
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2208 [Thunderbolt]
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] PERC H310 Mini Monolithics