Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge R720
The Dell PowerEdge R720 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 14.04 LTS, running the 3.13.0-24.46 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
- Dell 1.1.2 (Legacy)
- Dell 2.2.2 (Legacy)
- EFI v2.30 Dell (UEFI)
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-23.36 kernel.
- Ivy Bridge E5-2600v2 Support
- Dell PowerEdge R720 servers equipped with the new Intel E5-2600v2 (Ivy Bridge) family of processors require Ubuntu Server 12.04.3 LTS release with the Raring Hardware Enablement stack based on the 3.8 kernels. More information on the LTS Enablement Stack can be found here: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 0 @ 2.30GHz
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2637 0 @ 3.00GHz
- Intel Not Specified
- Matrox Graphics, Inc. G200eR2
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5720 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- Intel I350 Gigabit Network Connection
- 0624 DELL USB2
- Patriot Memory IS916
- Dell PERC H310
- Patriot Memory Patriot Memory
- SEAGATE ST1000NM0001
- KVM vmDisk
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] PERC H310 Mini Monolithics
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon]