Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 7520
The Dell Inspiron 7520 laptop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- Hybrid Video
- Some versions of this system come with two different graphics processors: an Intel UMA on-board adapter and an additional GPU from either nVidia or ATI. On this system, only the Intel graphics chip has been tested and certified. The use of the additional GPU is not supported for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Corporation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
- Dell Inc. X28
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI Chelsea LP [Radeon HD 7730M]
- Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]