Ubuntu on IBM x3650 M4
The IBM x3650 M4 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-24.37 kernel.
- IBM Support
- IBM provides “hardware only warranty” support for Ubuntu. IBM systems debug, management and update tools may or may not work with Ubuntu. IBM and Canonical provide no warranty as to the function of these tools. IBM support personnel will accept problem reports for IBM Hardware ONLY if it is clear that the root cause of the problem appears to be a basic hardware warranty problem, such as a defective power supply, fan or fixed disk. IBM customers that have a problem where the operating system or device driver interaction may be a contributing factor, (could include memory, processor, RAID/storage subsystems, networking devices, other option cards and system management technology), customers should open problem reports with both Canonical (through Ubuntu Advantage) and IBM to engage through TSAnet.
- ServeRAID M5110e
- The system was certified with a ServeRAID M5110e card installed. There have been some comments about the Installer claiming to not have found any disks when installing on a system using the M5110e RAID controller. The workaround is that you must configure at least one Logical Volume using your installed hard disks for them to be recognized by the installer. Disks in a JBOD configuration will not be seen by the OS.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 2.00GHz
- Intel Not Specified
- Matrox Graphics, Inc. G200eR2
- Intel I350 Gigabit Network Connection
- IBM ServeRAID M5110e
- Intel C600/X79 series chipset 4-Port SATA IDE Controller
- Intel C600/X79 series chipset 2-Port SATA IDE Controller