Ubuntu on Lenovo V580
The Lenovo V580 notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary drivers is required for WiFi functionality. When prompted to install drivers, select the "Broadcom STA" driver.
- Slow Resume from Suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- Acer Monitors
- This hardware may show signs of performance degradation when connected via HDMI or Display Port to Acer manufactured displays.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
- Lenovo H1ET25WW (0.25 )
- nVidia GK107M [GeForce GT 640M]
- Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Multiple Card Reader
- Advanced Silicon S.A. WDC WD5000BPVT-08HXZT3