Ubuntu on Dell Latitude E5530
The Dell Latitude E5530 laptop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary drivers is required for WiFi functionality. When prompted to install drivers, select the "Broadcom STA" driver.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Corporation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz
- Dell Inc. A05
- Intel Corporation 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
- Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- Broadcom Corporation BCM43228 802.11a/b/g/n
- Unknown ST320LT020-9YG142
- Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]