Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 5420
The Dell Inspiron 5420 portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
- Vertical scrolling does not work
- Slow Resume from Suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- Updates required
- This system requires all available updates to be applied in order to work properly.
- Dell: X52 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2370M CPU @ 2.40GHz
- Intel 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller
- Qualcomm Atheros AR8162 Fast Ethernet
- Advanced Silicon S.A. TOSHIBA MK5061GSYN