Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron 5720
The Dell Inspiron 5720 portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Hibernate does not work on this system
- Dell: A01 (UEFI)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz
- nVidia GF117M [GeForce 610M/710M / GT 620M/625M/630M/720M]
- Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller