Ubuntu on Dell Optiplex 7010 DT
The Dell Optiplex 7010 DT desktop with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS 64-bit
- Slow Resume from Suspend
- This system does not not meet our performance criteria for resuming from suspend, but suspend/resume is functional and other functionality is not affected.
- Hibernate may be not working on this system
- Built-in video ports unsupported
- This system comes with an add-in video card, please connect your monitor to it since the built-in video port(s) was disabled by its manufacturer.
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary AMD video driver is required for full functionality.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU G460 @ 1.80GHz
- Dell A12
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Caicos [Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450]
- Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
- Advanced Silicon S.A. ST3250312AS