Ubuntu on Dell Vostro 270s
The Dell Vostro 270s desktop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary NVidia video driver is required for full functionality.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Genuine Intel(R) CPU @ 2.00GHz
- Dell Inc. A06
- nVidia Corporation GF119 [GeForce GT 620 OEM]
- Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller
- None ST2000DM001-9YN164