Ubuntu on Cisco UCS B250 M2
The Cisco UCS B250 M2 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 10.04.4 64-bit
This system was tested with 10.04 LTS, running the 2.6.32-33.70 kernel.
- Cisco VIC Ethernet
- As of 10.04.3, the driver module 'enic' is not part of the installer kernel. Because of this, you will be unable to configure network devices during install and the installer may complain of no network devices found. You can complete installation manually and configure network devices after installation. At that point, the enic driver loads successfully at boot and networking functions as expected. This will most likely, however, have impact on attempts to preform network installations.
- Cisco Systems: S5500.2.0.1d.0.081220111423 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X5650 @ 2.67GHz
- Matrox Electronics Systems Ltd. MGA G200e [Pilot] ServerEngines (SEP1)
- Cisco Systems VIC Ethernet NIC
- Cisco Systems VIC Ethernet NIC Dynamic
- LSILOGIC Logical Volume
- SEAGATE ST973452SS
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1064ET PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS