Ubuntu on Cisco UCS B230 M1
The Cisco UCS B230 M1 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 10.04.4 64-bit
This system was tested with 10.04 LTS, running the 2.6.32-33.70 kernel.
- Cisco VIC Ethernet
- As of 10.04.3, the driver module 'enic' is not part of the installer kernel. Because of this, you will be unable to configure network devices during install and the installer may complain of no network devices found. You can complete installation manually and configure network devices after installation. At that point, the enic driver loads successfully at boot and networking functions as expected. This will most likely, however, have impact on attempts to preform network installations.
- Cisco Systems: B188.8.131.52c.0.100520111716 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E6540 @ 2.00GHz
- Matrox Electronics Systems Ltd. MGA G200e [Pilot] ServerEngines (SEP1)
- Cisco Systems VIC Ethernet NIC
- LSI MRSASRoMB-8i
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon]