Ubuntu on Dell Latitude E6530
The Dell Latitude E6530 laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified Pre-Install for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Active Hard Drive Protection
- Accelerometer and associated Active Hard Drive Protection are not working properly on this system.
- Dell A06 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3720QM CPU @ 2.60GHz
- nVidia GF108GLM [NVS 5200M]
- Intel 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection
- Advanced Silicon S.A. WDC WD5000BPKT-75PK4T0