Ubuntu on Asus K53U
The Asus K53U laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary AMD video driver is required for HDMI audio to work properly.
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD C-50 Processo AMD C-50 Processor
- American Megatrends Inc. 220
- ATI Technologies Inc Wrestler [Radeon HD 6250]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- None ST9500325AS
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] SB700/SB800 IDE Controller