Ubuntu on HP ProLiant DL980 G7
The HP ProLiant DL980 G7 rack mount chassis with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.5.0-23.35~precise1 kernel.
- USB and Optical drive not tested, but presumed to work due to being used on other HP models
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7- 2860 @ 2.27GHz
- HP P66
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI ES1000
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5719 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- HP LOGICAL VOLUME
- Intel 82801JI (ICH10 Family) 4 port SATA IDE Controller #1
- Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array G6 controllers Smart Array P410i
- Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array G6 controllers Smart Array P411
- Hewlett-Packard Company Smart Array Gen8 Controllers P421