Ubuntu on Dell Vostro 3555
The Dell Vostro 3555 laptop with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- To get external monitors and suspend/resume to work, this system requires the use of the proprietary ATI graphics driver.
- Dell: X16 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI BeaverCreek [Radeon HD 6520G]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- None ST9500423AS
- Advanced Micro Devices Hudson IDE Controller