Ubuntu on Dell Inspiron M5110
The Dell Inspiron M5110 laptop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary AMD video driver is required for full functionality.
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD AMD A8-3500M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI BeaverCreek [Radeon HD 6620G]
- Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8101E/RTL8102E PCI Express Fast Ethernet controller
- Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller
- MUSHKIN MKNUFDPR2GB
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] FCH IDE Controller
- Kingston Technology Company, Inc. Unknown