Ubuntu on Dell Precision Workstation R5500
The Dell Precision Workstation R5500 desktop has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 64-bit
- There are no notes for this release.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Not Specified
- Dell Inc. A08
- nVidia Corporation GF108GL [Quadro 600]
- Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- None WDC WD2500BEKT-75A25T0
- Intel Corporation 82801 SATA Controller [RAID mode]