Ubuntu on IBM x3850 X5
Ubuntu Certified hardware
The Ubuntu Ready programme has been discontinued. You can view the archive of hardware currently certified as Ubuntu Ready here, or you can learn about Ubuntu Certified hardware instead.
The IBM x3850 X5 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.11.0-15.25~precise1 kernel.
- Required Firmware Levels
- Systems intending to use this level of Ubuntu should have their machines at these (or newer) levels: UEFI host Firmware Version 1.8.1 Build Date 11/28.2013 Integrated Management Module Version 1.42 Build Date 12/16/2013 FPGA Package Version 5.02 Build Date 10/11/2013 Questions about applying firmware upgrades should be directed to 800 IBM SERV.
- IBM Support
- IBM provides “hardware only warranty” support for Ubuntu. IBM systems debug, management and update tools may or may not work with Ubuntu. IBM and Canonical provide no warranty as to the function of these tools. IBM support personnel will accept problem reports for IBM Hardware ONLY if it is clear that the root cause of the problem appears to be a basic hardware warranty problem, such as a defective power supply, fan or fixed disk. IBM customers that have a problem where the operating system or device driver interaction may be a contributing factor, (could include memory, processor, RAID/storage subsystems, networking devices, other option cards and system management technology), customers should open problem reports with both Canonical (through Ubuntu Advantage) and IBM to engage through TSAnet.
- IBM: -[G0E181BUS-1.81]- (UEFI)
Ubuntu 10.04.4 64-bit
This system was tested with 10.04 LTS, running the 2.6.32-21.32 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
- IBM: -[G0E122DUS-1.23]- (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E7- 8860 @ 2.27GHz
- Intel Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X7560 @ 2.27GHz
- Matrox Electronics Systems Ltd. MGA G200EV
- Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5709 Gigabit Ethernet
- Emulex Corporation OneConnect 10Gb NIC
- SanDisk Cruzer Micro
- IBM-ESXS MBE2147RC
- IBM ServeRAID M5015
- Intel 82801JI (ICH10 Family) 4 port SATA IDE Controller #1
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2108 [Liberator] ServeRAID M5015 SAS/SATA Controller
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1068E PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS