Ubuntu on Dell Latitude E5420m
The Dell Latitude E5420m portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 32-bit
- Wireless Driver
- Broadcom's STA Wireless Driver is required for Wireless to function properly. This Driver is available via jockey-gtk.
- Dell: X10 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 925 @ 2.30GHz
- Intel Not Specified
- Intel Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- None TOSHIBA MK2565GSX