Ubuntu on Lenovo Thinkpad W510
The Lenovo Thinkpad W510 notebook with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary NVidia video driver is required for full functionality.
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU Q 820 @ 1.73GHz
- nVidia GT216GLM [Quadro FX 880M]
- Intel 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection
- None ST9500420AS
- Intel 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]