Ubuntu on Dell PowerEdge R905
Ubuntu Certified hardware
The Ubuntu Ready programme has been discontinued. You can view the archive of hardware currently certified as Ubuntu Ready here, or you can learn about Ubuntu Certified hardware instead.
The Dell PowerEdge R905 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Ubuntu Ready for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 10.04.4 64-bit
This system was tested with 10.04 LTS, running the 2.6.32-24.39 kernel.
- There are no notes for this release.
- Dell: 4.2.1 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 8356
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI ES1000
- Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet
- Dell Virtual Floppy
- Broadcom HT1100 SATA Controller (PATA / IDE Mode)
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 1078
- Dell Computer Corporation DRAC 5 Virtual Media