Ubuntu on Dell Precision M6500
The Dell Precision M6500 portable with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Please note that for pre-installed systems:
- The system is available in some regions with a special image of Ubuntu pre-installed by the manufacturer. It takes advantage of the hardware features for this system and may include additional software. You should check when buying the system whether this is an option.
- Standard images of Ubuntu may not work at all on the system or may not work well, though Canonical and computer manufacturers will try to certify the system with future standard releases of Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
- Proprietary Drivers Required
- Installation of proprietary AMD video driver is required for full functionality.
- Dell: A02 (Legacy)
This system was tested with these key components:
- Intel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz
- Intel Not Specified
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI RV740/M97 GL [FirePro M7740]
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5761e Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- None ST9160314AS
- Intel 82801 Mobile SATA Controller [RAID mode]