Ubuntu on IBM x3455
The IBM x3455 server with the components described below has been awarded the status of Certified for Ubuntu.
Ubuntu 12.04 LTS 64-bit
This system was tested with 12.04 LTS, running the 3.2.0-23.36 kernel.
- Binary Driver
- This system prompts to install the 'tigo' binary ethernet driver during installation. Skipping this step will not impact the functioning of the network hardware.
- IBM support
- IBM provides “hardware only warranty” support for Ubuntu. IBM systems debug, management and update tools may or may not work with Ubuntu. IBM and Canonical provide no warranty as to the function of these tools. IBM support personnel will accept problem reports for IBM Hardware ONLY if it is clear that the root cause of the problem appears to be a basic hardware warranty problem, such as a defective power supply, fan or fixed disk. IBM customers that have a problem where the operating system or device driver interaction may be a contributing factor, (could include memory, processor, RAID/storage subsystems, networking devices, other option cards and system management technology), customers should open problem reports with both Canonical (through Ubuntu Advantage) and IBM to engage through TSAnet.
This system was tested with these key components:
- AMD Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2216
- Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] nee ATI ES1000
- Broadcom NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet
- IBM-ESXS ST373455SS
- Broadcom BCM5785 [HT1000] IDE
- Broadcom BCM5785 [HT1000] SATA (Native SATA Mode)
- LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS1068E PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS