Ubuntu tablet press pack
Ubuntu is a popular desktop OS that now offers a touch-based tablet interface, using gestures from all four edges of the screen to deliver a more immersive experience. It uniquely enables convergence of the mobile and PC worlds, boasting a stunning interface and a rich developer ecosystem.
About Ubuntu tablet
The Ubuntu family of interfaces now scales across all screens, so a phone can provide tablet, PC and TV experiences when docked
An Ubuntu tablet is a secure thin client that can be managed with the same tools as any Ubuntu server or desktop
A single OS for phone, tablet, PC and TV
Press and media assets
You can find more information about Ubuntu and the tablet interface here:
Learn all about the Ubuntu mobile strategy and Ubuntu on tablets.
Full video (6 mins) - 优酷视频 ›
Trailer (1 min)
- Real multitasking: Ubuntu’s side stage allows a phone app on the screen at the same time as a tablet app to enable efficient multitasking and improve the usability of phone apps on tablets.
- Secure multi-user: Multiple accounts on one tablet with full encryption for personal data, combined with the trusted Ubuntu security model makes it ideal for work and family use.
- Voice controlled HUD productivity: The Heads-Up Display makes it fast and easy to do complex things on touch devices and transforms touch interfaces for rich applications, bringing all the power of the PC to your tablet.
- Edge magic for cleaner apps: All four screen edges are used for navigation between apps, settings and controls, which means less clutter, more content, and sleeker hardware. No physical or soft buttons are required.
- Content focus: Media is neatly presented on the customisable home screen, which can search hundreds of sources.
Canonical is the company behind Ubuntu and the leading provider of services for Ubuntu deployments in the enterprise. With global teams of developers, support staff and engineering centres, Canonical is uniquely positioned to help partners and customers make the most of Ubuntu. It also operates Ubuntu One, a cross-platform personal cloud service for consumers. Canonical is a privately held company.
Ubuntu is a free, open-source platform for client, server and cloud computing. It is the most widely used Linux on the top 1000 websites by traffic, the reference platform for OpenStack deployments, the most popular guest OS on public clouds, and ships on PCs from Dell, Lenovo, HP and other brands. Since its launch in 2004, it has become the preferred choice for open desktop and scale-out computing, from Fortune 500 companies to hardware makers, content providers, software developers and consumers.